Korean Visitors 2013
HOMESTAYS FOR KOREAN VISITORS
In the last four years Pasadena Intermediate School has been developing relationships in The Republic of South Korea. These relationships enhance our students’ school experience and strengthen their global community and interdependence understandings. The relationships are also very valuable commercially.
In 2013 we will again host a group of teachers and we are seeking your support in providing homestay accommodation for our guests.
TEACHERS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Following on from the very successful programmes in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, Pasadena Intermediate School has again been contracted by Chung Cheongbuk Office of Education, Cheongju, Republic of South Korea, to provide a Teacher Professional Development Programme. This year the group will include twenty selected Teachers and one Official. We are delivering this programme in conjunction with Freemans Bay and Redoubt North Schools.
All of the teachers speak English, ages range between mid twenties and early fifties, most will be female.
The Teachers will arrive in Auckland on Sunday 21 July and leave on Saturday 17 August and will board with New Zealand families as part of the ‘English Experience’ component of their Programme.
During their stay in Auckland the Teachers will:
- Participate in a 3 day introductory course at Pasadena
- Participate in one day of cultural activities at Pasadena
- Spend 3 days observing and 5 days assisting with teaching activities, in one of the schools (Pasadena, Redoubt North, Freemans Bay)
- Spend 2 days observing and 5 days assisting with teaching activities, in another of the schools (Pasadena, Redoubt North, Freemans Bay)
- Spend time completing course material and preparing lessons and resources
- Visit places of interest in Auckland
- Attend three Official Social Functions
Outside of the above commitments and especially in the evenings, the teachers will be free to participate with their homestay families.
If you would like to host one of these teachers for the period Sunday 21 July and leave on Saturday 17 August, please complete the Expression of Interest 2013 Form and return it to Pasadena Intermediate School.
These are available from the Pasadena Intermediate School Office or online from early in 2013.
The requirements of the Teacher Homestay are
- Separate private bedroom
- Breakfast and Dinner each day and access to preparing a packed lunch on school days
- Access to a telephone
It would be desirable if the homestay could have
- Private bathroom
- Internet Access
- Close proximity to one of the participating schools and to Public Transport
The payment will be NZ$250 x 4 weeks = NZ$1000 in advance
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Expression of Interest (Teacher)
Teachers' Programme & Schedule
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the School Office 846 2169.